GFCI Breakers on Parking Lot Lighting Issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

jmink427

New User
I'm having an issue with GFCI breakers supplying parking lot light poles. Two 230V HID lighting circuits in the same conduit feed through a lighting contactor controlled by a time clock. Servicing the pole lights I over-rode the time clock and turn the lights on. When I de-energize one circuit to service the lights and re-enenergize it, it either trips that breaker instantly or trips the other GFCI breaker and vise versa with the other circuit. Now if I drop the contactor out and reset the breakers then turn the contactor on they hold. So I believe I have some type of inductance kick back or something causing this issue. Are GFCI breakers required on Parking lot pole lights?

jmink427

New User
Not that I know of. But even so, if this recently started I would want to know why.

-Hal

I'm not sure if this recently started or not we were just the swaping out some lamps and noticed it when we re-energized the circuits. I'm pretty well convinced it some type goofy inductance thing. I was just wonder if anyone else has seen a similar issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.