GFCI on New Spa Install Won't Test

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mike Jones

Hi, all - I recently installed a new spa that required a 3-wire setup between the GFCI panel and the tub (2 hots and a ground; no neutral load wire). The main panel to the GFCI panel is standard (2 hots, one neutral, one ground). The GFCI breaker pigtail is wired to the isolated neutral bus in the subpanel along with the neutral lead from the main panel. The ground wire from the main panel and the ground wire from the tub are wired together on the subpanel ground bar. The tub components are bonded together in the tub control panel and connected to a separate dedicated ground rod near the pool.

I completed the installation and the tub operated correctly. However, when I went to test the GFCI it would not trip. The GGCI breaker pigtail is wired to the isolated neutral bus along with the lead from the main panel. The ground wire from the main panel and the ground wire from the tub are wired together on the ground bar.

Any thoughts on why the breaker wouldn't trip when tested? Thanks.
Mike

iwire

Staff member
Mike I strongly urge you to hire a professional.

That said I am closing this thread, in accordance with the Forum Rules.

This site is designed for:

• Contractors
  • Electricians
  • Engineers
  • Inspectors
  • Instructors
  • Other electrically related individuals
* This NEC? Forum is for those in the electrical and related industries. Questions of a "How-To" nature by persons not involved in the electrical industry will be removed without notice.

Status
Not open for further replies.