GFCI protection in a commercial kitchen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Muneepit

Muneepit
Occupation
Electrician
I am relocating an existing 3/30, 208v circuit in a commercial kitchen. We all know what 210.8(B) says. How do I comply with this requirement if they do not make a 3 pole GFCI breaker. It is a Siemans panel stab-in.

I am sure someone has ran into this before.

infinity

Staff member
Occupation
Journeyman Electrician
You'll need to provide a 3P-30A GFCI breaker from another manufacturer and install it in it's own enclosure. Something like this:
1D413_AS02

texie

Occupation
Electrician, Contractor, Inspector
Gotta love those CMP folks. Won't be the first time the code requires a product not readily available or in some cases not even invented yet. This seems to be getting way too common.

LarryFine

Master Electrician Electric Contractor Richmond VA
Occupation
Electrical Contractor
You'll need to provide a 3P-30A GFCI breaker from another manufacturer and install it in it's own enclosure. Something like this:
I had to do almost the exact same thing (except 2p-60a) recently for a customer who added a hot tub to their Sq-D QO pool panel. Sq-D doesn't make a GFCI breaker with a load neutral terminal, so I had to add a QO 2-60 and a separate box with a 2p GFCI breaker, along with the extra labor. Fortunately, the customer was understanding, and was happy at the end.

Status
Not open for further replies.