GFCI

Status
Not open for further replies.

ron pfeiffer

IS THERE A NUMBER OF RECPTACLES THAT CAN COME OFF THE LOAD SIDE OF A 20AMP GFCI IN A RESIDENTIAL OUTDOOR APPLICATION. I CANNOT FIND ANY NUMBER IN THE NEC 2002. THANK-YOU

B

bthielen

Re: GFCI

Don't forget that the code does specify the maximum number of outlets on a branch circuit based on the 180VA calculation. See 220.3 (B)(9)

Bob

nvcape

For general-use receptacles and outlets NEC 220-3 (10) states that no additional calculation is needed other than 220-3(a). For dwelling units it is 3VA, or 800 square feet per 20 amp circuit.

ryan_618

Originally posted by nvcape:
For general-use receptacles and outlets NEC 220-3 (10) states that no additional calculation is needed other than 220-3(a). For dwelling units it is 3VA, or 800 square feet per 20 amp circuit.
That still doesn't tell me how many receptacles are allowed on the circuit. I could fill that 800 sqaure feet that 100 receptacle outlets and put them on that circuit. :)

W6SJK

No limit to the number of receptacles, but mfrs usually have a limit to the LENGTH of the wiring on the load side, due to leakage currents. 250FT comes to mind..

A

a.wayne3@verizon.net

Ryan yes you can..... There can be a receptacle every 16 ins. and be code compliant(residentially)
As far as GFCI`s go conform with manufacturers instructions.If no max listed then in theory go for it.1,10,20 50 but common scence has to play a part in this.As electricians we do what is right.At least i try to.

Status
Not open for further replies.