GM Energy Vehicle to Home

Chamuit

Grumpy Old Man
Occupation
Electrician
Installed this at the end of August. One of the first 5 installed in the US.

Very pleased with it. It's much, much, much more reliable than the Ford setup.

During the one-hour-long inspection, the inspector, who had never encountered a V2H setup before, was intrigued by the operation.

2024-10-27_22-41-56.jpg

Chamuit

Grumpy Old Man
Occupation
Electrician
Thanks. @ptonsparky

@retirede Yes. Conduits run through to the outside wall and back in. Looks like a cluster. But that's the desired inside look.

The charger is 19.2 kW (80A).

The Home Hub (MID) is rated for 200A. This setup is on a 40A detached garage circuit. The max V2H output. It will run a 2-ton AC. The Ford V2H would not.

wwhitney

Occupation
Retired

tortuga

Code Historian
Occupation
Electrical Design
Looks interesting, so does the car just output DC and one of those boxes is a special inverter for the car DC?
As an aside I am not sold on the Span panels, or specifically idea of having a circuit board with a bunch of relays acting as the 'bus bar' between the main and the branch breakers.

wwhitney

Occupation
Retired
Looks interesting, so does the car just output DC and one of those boxes is a special inverter for the car DC?
Yes, on the link in post #2, at the bottom you have to select the second tab (internal to the web page rendering) to see the specs on that inverter.

Cheers, Wayne

tortuga

Code Historian
Occupation
Electrical Design
Yes, on the link in post #2, at the bottom you have to select the second tab (internal to the web page rendering) to see the specs on that inverter.

Cheers, Wayne
Sorry for the dumb questions, you mean post #5?
These 'specs' don't satisfy my curiosity:
1.png

I wonder what the DC voltage / current on the input is?
Whats the output voltage spec? Can it connect to a single phase 208/120 panel?
Seems like it works on a wide range of vehicles.
Does it use the 'standard' (non tesla) SAE J1772 or whatever car plug used for AC charging and run DC backwards?
Another aside @Chamuit 's dog looks adorable.