Going to California

Status
Not open for further replies.

Electric Tom

Hi everyone. I'm an Illinois licensed electrician and I will be relocating to southern California. My question is does anyone know if California will let me sit for the license exam? Is there anyone that has experience with this specifically relocating from Illinois to California? Thanks everyone.

solis

Having a license with similar hour and experience requirements will allow you to get to take the exam. You will follow the directions on the application and you will get to a place where they will ask for copy of your license.

Electric Tom

Thanks for the reply. On the application they reference a social security administration employment history report. I can't seem to find it online. Does anyone know what form it is?

GoldDigger

Staff member
Occupation
Retired PV System Designer
Thanks, I'll call them tomorrow.:thumbsup:

If you are lucky that will work. Or they might insist on a written request. :)
Basically it will show the names and dates of all of your employers (of record... if through a temp agency they will show rather than the company for whom you did the actual work) and the wags or salary you were paid during that employment.

Ponchik

Occupation
Electronologist
FYI, CA does not allow you to bring any material into the testing room. NOTHING!! they do provide lockers to put your stuff in.

they will give you necessary material to take the exam. code book, pencil, scratch sheet, calculator,

solis

I didn't have ot provide the SSA report, but you might have to. You can get it at your the local SSA office. There is a free report that CA will sometimes accept, one that you pay for and it's around 100

Status
Not open for further replies.