Great Job

Status
Not open for further replies.

jmellc

Occupation
Facility Maintenance Tech. Licensed Electrician
I think I made a wrong turn and found a small piece of Heaven this week. Been working a couple of days on a small commercial remodel with another tech. Space is nearly all open, ceiling is mostly open with easy bar joists to work. All existing work was well done and easy to follow behind. All existing receptacles are labeled, accurately to boot. Panel room is neat & open enough to work easily. Clean, functioning rest room, pleasantly cool all over. Convenient to several supply houses. Other tech is a great guy to work with and our helper, though new, is a hard worker who learns quickly.

We are trying to figure out how to milk this project; not too long, just until retirement. :D

JFletcher

I think I made a wrong turn and found a small piece of Heaven this week. Been working a couple of days on a small commercial remodel with another tech. Space is nearly all open, ceiling is mostly open with easy bar joists to work. All existing work was well done and easy to follow behind. All existing receptacles are labeled, accurately to boot. Panel room is neat & open enough to work easily. Clean, functioning rest room, pleasantly cool all over. Convenient to several supply houses. Other tech is a great guy to work with and our helper, though new, is a hard worker who learns quickly.

We are trying to figure out how to milk this project; not too long, just until retirement. :D

Enjoy it while it lasts: when things are going that good, it's usually before the bottom drops out.

jmellc

Occupation
Facility Maintenance Tech. Licensed Electrician
Enjoy it while it lasts: when things are going that good, it's usually before the bottom drops out.

Haha, that's right. I thought about that while writing this. We do get some pleasant jobs but this has been about as ideal as it can get. A great job to train a new helper too, as you can see everything and also see so many examples of what good work should look like. I hope this guy sticks with us. He will make a great electrician. We have been a little short handed in our dept, 2 of us doing most of the small jobs and service calls and usually not having help available. He will be a big help to us.

mgookin

+1

Status
Not open for further replies.