Greenlee Punch

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone out there used GREENLEE's #1731 Hydraulischer Stanzbugel punch? If you have, did you like it? Would you say it is a good tool, worth the money?

If you are looking for something easier than the normal pump hydraulic KO set, I highly recommend the Maxis punch that you use a drill to actuate. I used it quite a bit, it makes easy work of even large KOs in thick gauge steel. For lots of larger (4") holes in thick steel I would recommend a 120V drill, but the a few smaller holes in a typical panel a battery drill works just fine.

mm11

If you are looking for something easier than the normal pump hydraulic KO set, I highly recommend the Maxis punch that you use a drill to actuate. I used it quite a bit, it makes easy work of even large KOs in thick gauge steel. For lots of larger (4") holes in thick steel I would recommend a 120V drill, but the a few smaller holes in a typical panel a battery drill works just fine.

The Maxis KO set works much better than any hydraulic set I've ever used. Faster, and a lot cleaner w/o having to worry about hydraulic fluid leaking out. I also recommend the Maxis layout tool.

KURTS4X4

Greenlee 1731

Greenlee 1731

I use the Greenlee 1731 one shot punch when I am using trough above my panels. the one drawback is it will only punch 8" deep which is OK on 10" trough but not always deep enough for 12". it is much faster than using a step drill or hole saw.

Status
Not open for further replies.