Ground rod for air conditioned trailer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Davebones

I have been informed we are getting 3 portable trailers for temporary storage . I was told they will need 3 phase 480 volt with ground , 30 amp ,feed to each trailer. These trailers are air conditioned so we can store product in them . I understand I will need to have a ground rod at each one . The issue I see is there is some underground 14KV feeds around where they are to be located . I will see about getting the utility to give us a location for the 14KV lines . My question is there a minimum distance the ground rods should be to the buildings ?

Davebones

Without more information am I correct to say I wouldn't need a ground rod if the 480 volt feed is going to a disconnect that just feeds a air conditioning unit on the trailer ? I haven't seen the trailers so I can't say exactly how they are set up electrically ..

Chamuit

Grumpy Old Man
Occupation
Electrician
Other than the spacing required in 250.53.B for the electrodes, I don't see any other requirements.

Chamuit

Grumpy Old Man
Occupation
Electrician
Just saw your second post. Check 225.30. As long as you only have one branch circuit...

Status
Not open for further replies.