Grounding 2 circuits in 1 box

Status
Not open for further replies.

RinSF

Occupation
Designer
Hi, I have two circuits entering a metal box (one 15 amp, one 20), and typically I’d connect all the ground wires together, then to the box.

However, in this particular case, I have 4 #12 gauge wires, and 3 #14, so it’s a bit much to do together.

Is there any issue if I connect all the #12 gauge wires together and connect them to the box, then…connect all the 14 gauge wires together separately, and also connect them to the box under a second screw?

This would seem to connect everything together via the metal box, and just make things a little easier to manage.

infinity

Staff member
Occupation
Journeyman Electrician
Is there any issue if I connect all the #12 gauge wires together and connect them to the box, then…connect all the 14 gauge wires together separately, and also connect them to the box under a second screw?
No issue because they will all be connected together as required.

RinSF

Occupation
Designer
Super, thanks so much for your help. I do tons of electrical but am not an electrician, so my wire-twisting skill (courage?) tops off around 5 #12 wires. It's tempting to try the Wago connectors -- and they do seem to get good reviews -- but I guess I'm too old school :/

Status
Not open for further replies.