Grounding and Bonding above a certain Height

Status
Not open for further replies.

Transportation Guy

Good morning experts. I have a crew working on a new school and they asked me about a code reference stating that if a metal box is above a certain height, it wasn't required to be bonded or grounded. I have not seen this code reference and informed them to install a ground pig tail in all metal boxes not used for straight pulls. He also mentioned "I think this was a 1970's code" ???? (I was born in the 70's so don't "clearly" remember that code cycle. ) Anyone know of this reference?

Thanks,
Pete
Electrical Project Manager
Master Electrician
Hampton Roads, VA

xformer

Occupation
Master Electrician
Good morning experts. I have a crew working on a new school and they asked me about a code reference stating that if a metal box is above a certain height, it wasn't required to be bonded or grounded. I have not seen this code reference and informed them to install a ground pig tail in all metal boxes not used for straight pulls. He also mentioned "I think this was a 1970's code" ???? (I was born in the 70's so don't "clearly" remember that code cycle. ) Anyone know of this reference?

Thanks,
Pete
Electrical Project Manager
Master Electrician
Hampton Roads, VA
I would check 250.110:)

Transportation Guy

Funny thing is I tried to speed read 250 before my post! Didn't work too well! In transportation and residential for 20 years, I haven't studied 250 as much as I should. Time to break out my Mike Holt CD's and DVD's!

Status
Not open for further replies.