Grounding rod

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fmkehoe

Occupation
Inspector
So .... went to Home Depot for a grounding rod and their app said they had 19, 8’ copper rods in stock. When I went, they were galvanized, not copper. Now I know H D usually stocks things locally that are compliant, but I’m not sure about this.
What say Ye?

JFletcher

250.52(5)(b) covers this. The galvanized rod is probably the cheaper option, and unlisted..5/8"... equivalent to a half inch listed copper rod.

there may be some applications and or soil conditions were one would be preferable to the other. I hope you did not need the solid copper rods per job spec.

Fmkehoe

Occupation
Inspector
250.52(5)(b) covers this. The galvanized rod is probably the cheaper option, and unlisted..5/8"... equivalent to a half inch listed copper rod.

there may be some applications and or soil conditions were one would be preferable to the other. I hope you did not need the solid copper rods per job spec.

No job specs, just always did copper. I didn't even know galvanized was an option. Went to a supply house and got the copper. 25 mins out of the way, but that was before the 10 inches of snow fell, so no real biggie.

Status
Not open for further replies.