Grounding

Status
Not open for further replies.

codequestion

Banned
I have 13.2kV utility transformer which then feeds customer owned 13.2kv pad mouted switch which then feeds customer owned 13.2kv to 480/277v 500 kva transformer all outside building. The pad mounted switch and 500kva transformer is all one equipment in one enclosure.

The transformer secondary 480/277V feeds switchboard inside the building.

My question is where does neutral bar and ground bar main bonding jumper be at the 13.2kv pad mounted switch or at the 500kva transformer secondary?

Sent from my SM-G935U using Tapatalk
Please excuse any typos trying to type better.

Last edited:

mbrooke

Batteries Included
Occupation
Technician
Typically there is none per say. Usually you have a strap on the LV neutral which connects the bushing to the frame. Often there is a bare conductor that connects to the LV neutral and heads to the HV compartment connecting to the ground rod(s). In the HV compartment the concentrics are connected to a copper "loop" which also has the LA's connected to that. The pad's frame is connected to this loop and if an HV neutral bushing exists it is also connected. Finally the loop is connected to the ground rod. There are a few variants to this, but all are similar. This is a good place to start, page 37 shows another common way:

https://www.psegliny.com/files.cfm/3phase.pdf

Status
Not open for further replies.