Grounding

Status
Not open for further replies.

masnod

Occupation
Electrical contractor
URD 3 conductor 200 amp( no gcu ) 240 volt neutral only (no gcu )
My question is can I install a single gcu or does it have to be installed with the 3 urd conductors.
This supplies service to 12 pedestals approx. 300 feet.

roger

Staff member
Occupation
Retired Electrician
I don't think it would be legal to have twelve sets of service entrance conductors.
But it could supply a distribution panel.
The OP has now said it is a feeder so the question is when was the original installation done?

masnod

Occupation
Electrical contractor
I have a 200 amp single phase service and the feeder wire supply power to campsite pedestals.the feeder wires are 1 set of direct buried 4/0-4/0-4/0 NO ground wire. Again my question is how can I install a ground conductor?
Underground or does it have tobe with the existing feeder wires.

masnod

Occupation
Electrical contractor
No way we are in the present man....that is deep....no really, are you serious? I live in the future, like to the stars man. So assuming this is not an existing installation, take a look at 300.5(B) and let us know what you think. See u in the future 🚀.....
This site sucks, to much ego measureres who cant read the question at hand, not existing installation the whole question is about exsisting , are you serious. It's free advise grow up.

This site sucks, to much ego measureres who cant read the question at hand, not existing installation the whole question is about exsisting , are you serious. It's free advise grow up.
Did you miss the part where I gave you the code section that addresses your question? The EGC must be in the same trench. Your post is too confusing to say much more about what your options are without more details.

Last edited:

roger

Staff member
Occupation
Retired Electrician
You have been given the correct article section and in the future include all the pertinent information in your first question.

infinity

Staff member
Occupation
Journeyman Electrician
Wow you come here for free advice from people who are spending their time to help you and you criticize them for simply asking a question. You need to get rid of that chip on your shoulder.

Status
Not open for further replies.