Guess this has already been invented/used???

Status
Not open for further replies.

plate

Re: Guess this has already been invented/used???

Steve is correct one does not patent general concepts/ideas, one usually patents unique devices. To quote the patent office web site ?A patent cannot be obtained on a mere idea or suggestion. ? With that in mind, a light design should include some part that you can?t just pull off the shelf, this is what will make it unique and worthy of a patent. I attempted to put some existing products together and get it patented, and I was denied. I was told that just grouping existing products together is packaging, this does not make it unique. However, that does not stop you from making the combined device and selling it. Sometimes the first to hit the market wins, regardless of whether you get a patent or not.

Also from the Patent office web site, ?The terms "Patent Pending" and "Patent Applied For" are used to inform the public that an application for a patent has been filed. Patent protection does not start until the actual grant of a patent.?

LarryFine

Master Electrician Electric Contractor Richmond VA
Occupation
Electrical Contractor

Originally posted by bensonelectric:
Funny I had this same idea a few months back...
What, putting your needle-nosed pliers under the kitchen sink?

allenwayne

Invent it and they will buy it :D Just look at THE PET ROCK then there was a training manual to help you teach your rock to sit.Then there was a funeral or your rock :roll:
Some smart butt made a fortune,all this buy starting out with a hand filled bag of river rock.Some 20 years ago they were everywhere!!

physis

Hey, the pet rock was a fine product. Mine even knew how to attack.

charlie b

Staff member
Occupation
Retired Electrical Engineer

But I am guessing that you had to participate in the "attack." ;)

stupe

Some cruiser style boats (Formula being one of them) already have this drawer/light idea. Great idea though.

Status
Not open for further replies.