gutter workspace

Status
Not open for further replies.

joeyww12000

Yesterday I was placed on a new job and another electrician and I are responsible for all low volt apps, such as fire alarm, door locks, cameras etc... some of the piping had been done before we arrived. We were looking inside a closet space yesterday and we found around 6-8" gutters of different lengths and heights placed above conduits from the slab. The arrangement of these gutters are rediculous since we are going to be the ones pulling wire through them. The closet is shaped in a V with all the gutters going into the corner of the V on both sides until you are into the back of the V. This makes the last two or so gutters very hard to get to and especially hard to pull wire through. You can get the covers off, but its rediculous for there to be so little work room. Is there any code violation here? I cant seem to find anything on just gutters or j boxes, all I can find is on live equipment workspaces.

Jim W in Tampa

Yesterday I was placed on a new job and another electrician and I are responsible for all low volt apps, such as fire alarm, door locks, cameras etc... some of the piping had been done before we arrived. We were looking inside a closet space yesterday and we found around 6-8" gutters of different lengths and heights placed above conduits from the slab. The arrangement of these gutters are rediculous since we are going to be the ones pulling wire through them. The closet is shaped in a V with all the gutters going into the corner of the V on both sides until you are into the back of the V. This makes the last two or so gutters very hard to get to and especially hard to pull wire through. You can get the covers off, but its rediculous for there to be so little work room. Is there any code violation here? I cant seem to find anything on just gutters or j boxes, all I can find is on live equipment workspaces.

You answered this yourself,you can get to it.

M. D.

seems to me these gutters are being used as a raceway ,... not sure a gutter is a raceway .... as it is described in 366 any way.

Status
Not open for further replies.