Halo's Smart Trim

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dennis Alwon

Staff member
Occupation
Retired Electrical Contractor
Has anyone used these Halo Smart Trims. They are pretty cool.. They can be switched regularly and or you can actually control the lights thru your phone. You can adjust the lights from 2700K-5000K and you can turn individual units off and on.

Say you have 12 cans on one switch or no switch at all (constant Power), your app will show the layout and you can tough which lights you want on or off and you can change the kelvin of the unit.

You buy one color trim and then you can snap on a trim cover of a different color- about $15. The smart trim is about $30

From Home Depot

• Schedule lights to automatically come on for mornings and nights
  • Easily dim the lights without in-wall dimmers through your phone
  • Easily adjust the room’s color temperature from warm to cool

We just installed 23 of them. They are the RL series

WarrMann

Has anyone used these Halo Smart Trims. They are pretty cool.. They can be switched regularly and or you can actually control the lights thru your phone. You can adjust the lights from 2700K-5000K and you can turn individual units off and on.

Say you have 12 cans on one switch or no switch at all (constant Power), your app will show the layout and you can tough which lights you want on or off and you can change the kelvin of the unit.

You buy one color trim and then you can snap on a trim cover of a different color- about $15. The smart trim is about $30

From Home Depot

But are they alexa compatible??? I've only seen their wafer style ones with a color temp switch on the driver. No phone connectivity.

Did you notice if they had a 4"

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Dennis Alwon

Staff member
Occupation
Yes they have a 4". These fit into a standard halo can. They look just like the standard LED trims that are so available but these have the options I mentioned. It definitely has an app as my guys saw the owner using it on his phone.

tw1156

From Home Depot

Looks pretty cool and really like the color tuneable aspect of it; the spec sheet says only 600 lumens for the 6" though. How did the lighting levels look? I think it wouldn't be too bad if the cans are all pretty close together.

WarrMann

Pretty cool. I'll have to get one to try. Looks like they need a HUB, i've already got a lot of z wave set up using samsung smart things. Not crazy about not being able to use any dimmer other than Halo one that's made for them.

I like to sit on my couch and tell alexa what to do with my lights.

Thanks for sharing

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Dennis Alwon

Staff member
Occupation
Looks pretty cool and really like the color tuneable aspect of it; the spec sheet says only 600 lumens for the 6" though. How did the lighting levels look? I think it wouldn't be too bad if the cans are all pretty close together.

I have not seen it. My guys installed them today. They do have one on display at the supply company but I never paid it any mind.

Status
Not open for further replies.