hands on test

Status
Not open for further replies.
went to job interview which included a hands on test ,pipe bending, describe workings of capacitor start motor , wire stop/start w/ combo starter in 90 minutes ,any how on the stop/start i mentioned instead of holding contact ,i said interlock, the guy freaked out,these are momentary buttons...what's your take...90 minutes flys by?????????????/

peter d

ce2two said:
went to job interview which included a hands on test ,pipe bending, describe workings of capacitor start motor , wire stop/start w/ combo starter in 90 minutes ,any how on the stop/start i mentioned instead of holding contact ,i said interlock, the guy freaked out,these are momentary buttons...what's your take...90 minutes flys by?????????????/

It's not an "interlock" by definition, but perhaps it was a simple slip of the tongue?

quogueelectric

ce2two said:
He should get over himself.

steelersman

ce2two said:
weird. :)

Strahan

quogueelectric said:
He should get over himself.

Agree totally!! Although interlock usually refers to fwd rev starters and similar apps where you would provide a mechanical or electrical "interlock" to keep two circuits from energizing at the same time. I took a very similar test 5yrs ago for an industrial electrician job simple start/stop, bend conduit ect... not bragging guys don't get excited but its amazing I was the only one that passed out of about 20apps. Some people have a rough time with the start/stop.

Status
Not open for further replies.