Hanging Fixtures

Status
Not open for further replies.

DAWGS

I have (85) T5 fluorescent hibay fixtures to hang in a congested area. I am looking for the most efficient and cost effective way to hang them, and am debating between using slotted angle with jackchain, or caddy deck hangers with the deck punch. I have never used the deck hangers and am wondering what others think about them. By the way the ceiling is bar joist and roof deck. Thanks.

john_axelson

Nec 2008?

Nec 2008?

DAWGS said:
I have (85) T5 fluorescent hibay fixtures to hang in a congested area. I am looking for the most efficient and cost effective way to hang them, and am debating between using slotted angle with jackchain, or caddy deck hangers with the deck punch. I have never used the deck hangers and am wondering what others think about them. By the way the ceiling is bar joist and roof deck. Thanks.

Is this a retrofit job?

When does the 2008 Code take effect in your area? You may want to check into that prior to starting this project. I am guessing that the current wiring will no longer meet 300.4(E) if it was installed anythng like the fixtures around here. Conduit is usually closer than 1 1/2" from the roof deck.

By replacing the fixtures will your inspector interpret that as a modification to the branch circuit wiring and require you to conform? Will your Caddy Deck Hangers allow the wiring to be more than 1 1/2" from the lowest portion of the roof decking?

john_axelson

Also Can Try these

Also Can Try these

Have you ever tried these?

GRIPPLE-INDUSTRIAL.jpg

You can find out more about them on this website (video)

http://www.gripple.com/construction/product.php?prod_id=1/

Last edited:

DAWGS

We are adopting 2005 code this month. Virginia stays one code cycle behind. I am running all new conduit, as new fixtures will be 120V, and all old fixtures are 480V and some 277V. Just wondering how quick the caddy deck hangers install, I have never used them.

DAWGS

LarryFine said:
One?! :grin: Remember how long we were on the '99?

(Personally, I never complained; it's kept costs down. :wink:)

Larry, don't you like how the supply houses all carry the 2008 code books and not the 05. I could never fiquere that out.

LarryFine

Master Electrician Electric Contractor Richmond VA
Occupation
Electrical Contractor
DAWGS said:
Larry, don't you like how the supply houses all carry the 2008 code books and not the 05. I could never fiquere that out.
Really! Like Costco, where they put stuff out about 1-1/2 seasons ahead. You can't find summer stuff after about June 1. :roll:

Status
Not open for further replies.