hanging stuff from the ceiling

Status
Not open for further replies.

petersonra

Occupation
engineer
a customer wants to hang some boxes about 10 feet over head. Small ones maybe 10-20 pounds, no larger than 2x2x1 feet in size.

they need to be supported from the bottom but hang from a single threaded rod from the ceiling.

is there some kind of bracket made that will do this? I don't want 25 parts that are not going to look decent.

somehow this became my problem.

GerryB

a customer wants to hang some boxes about 10 feet over head. Small ones maybe 10-20 pounds, no larger than 2x2x1 feet in size.

they need to be supported from the bottom but hang from a single threaded rod from the ceiling.

is there some kind of bracket made that will do this? I don't want 25 parts that are not going to look decent.

somehow this became my problem.

Don't know what you are hanging but how about those threaded hooks for plants and swag chains.

cadpoint

You didn't say what the difference of the ceiling to the height of the display is?

I've used both 3/8" and 1/4" thread rod inside 1/2" and 3/4" EMT. repsectfully.
This was all under ten feet in OA length.

Check with your AHJ for some grace's and blessing before you proceed.

mgookin

It's going to sway with only a single support. Sounds like you need to make a box for your box. I'm thinking an angle iron frame connected to a rod. Then slide your box into the angle iron frame.

Status
Not open for further replies.