Have you ever got a call from Service Magic?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jmellc

Occupation
Facility Maintenance Tech. Licensed Electrician
Two calls to the business line (cell) after I told 'em not to call me any more was more than enough for me. How often they call after that I have no clue as I never answer it, and if they leave a message I delete it immediately without listening to it. But they somehow decided they could call my fax line, which has an answering machine on it, and still pester me.

I have emailed them demanding they stop..... with no avail. Once a week they still call.

Do what I do. Yell at them that you are sick of them & never want to hear from them again. Then list them on your cell phone as pests, with no ring tone. At least you will not hear them call & they get no answer.

Maybe I will look for a bargain on some robo calling eqpmt. Play the same game & call them 50 times a day, tie up their lines.:D

Benton

I think that it will really depend upon the demographics of the area you live in. In the San Francisco Bay area, people are much more likely to use the internet to find contractors. Without them, I would not get nearly the amount of calls I get, as I do not advertise in conventional methods.

I did a job this week for $2K off of them, it cost me about $15 in lead fees. I have another one next week, $15 for the lead and it is a $1500 job. Are they all like that? No way!

The only way the sales seem to work is to call the person immediately after receiving the lead. Sometimes they are still on the internet. Otherwise the four other contractors will call first. Second, never quote them anything over the phone. Everyone else is doing that. Explain to them that you need to meet them in person to see the job. You would be surprised how often I am the only contractor to call or even show up!

The thing that sucks is that sometimes people are just price shopping, or with the slip of a finger they signed up for something that just charged you $50! No refund or credits allowed for that. But you have the option of getting out of the more expensive leads, like additions and or panels. Most of those people are just price shopping, and it costs you. I am not signed up for any lead over $20.

Hope this helps. If anyone has questions just ask.

I like what you said about not taking any leads over 20 buck. Thanks for that

Status
Not open for further replies.