Have you guys heard of these?

Status
Not open for further replies.

220/221

What is a "water based slurry" ?

I like the concept of using the hole hawg and NOT standing on an 8' ladder but I'm not too keen on the drilling method. I'm not lovin the augers that "attach" to the rods either

Hmmmmm....if the manufacturers cut burly threads into the end of the ground rod?????

I use a 42# demo hammer with a ground rod driver bit, or in a pinch, a smaller demo hammer.

Dennis Alwon

Staff member
Occupation
Retired Electrical Contractor
I guess you would loose the tips and have to replace them or would you have to back the rod out, take the tip off, and reinstall the rod.

This picture was posted awhile ago but cannot remmeber the responses.

Dennis Alwon

Staff member
Occupation
Retired Electrical Contractor
Watch the video. She is installing it in the middle of a field. I am sure they chose the spot.

Here is the thread I mentioned--second page they talk of the hawg

jmsbrush

Dennis Alwon said:
I guess you would loose the tips and have to replace them or would you have to back the rod out, take the tip off, and reinstall the rod.

This picture was posted awhile ago but cannot remmeber the responses.
I'm sorry guys if this was already posted, I have noticed that some post get deleted because they have already been talked about by the moderators? If there is a moderator right now can you explain why this is? I haved looked at some post that had questions and I did not feel it gave me exactly what I was looking for or hoping for. Maybee a new member to the site could give good insight to the question in a different way. I'm still new here and still haven't quite learned how things work. I'm am very happy to be here and very thankful for the site. Thanks Mike. Thanks guys

frizbeedog

jmsbrush said:
.....I'm still new here and still haven't quite learned how things work.

It works like this:

You ask a question. It gets answered, ignored, deleted, or closed.

You debate, you argue, you defend, you get mad, you get happy, you get over it, and life goes on.

Welcome to the forum, and happy to have you here.

Happy posting.......or not.

:smile:

And from time to time, you get to help someone out. Very rewarding.

iwire

Staff member
frizbeedog said:
It works like this:

You ask a question. It gets answered, ignored, deleted, or closed.

You debate, you argue, you defend, you get mad, you get happy, you get over it,

Much like real life. :grin:

Lcdrwalker

I'm all for making ground rod installation easier. My only questions are about the set up time power(generator?) and the source of water for the "slurry". The electrical cord was in the video.

480sparky

jmsbrush said:
what is that? can you post a pic? thanks

Hilti1.jpg

Hilti4.jpg

Hilti3.jpg

Hilti2.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.