Have you guys heard of these?

Status
Not open for further replies.

480sparky

brian john said:
480- Ummm that Hilti never saw a ground rod, or you are one good Hilti owner.

I've had it for about 5 years. Ground rods are about all I use it for.

Yes, I take care of my tools. My Fluke 87 is 12 years old, and still has the plastic cover protecting the display.

brian john

and still has the plastic cover protecting the display.

One of my Flukes had the display cover on it for almost 3 years one day this building engineer picks up the meter to look at it and rips the plastic cover off. Telling me did you know you are suppose to remove this? AGGGGGGGGGG!

cschmid

yep you are right they were using that Blondie as a sales gimike..it is so easy a Blondie can use it..It still takes some beef to use though she had it braced firmly and had to hang on to it..hole hawg on something solid can hurt you now imagine another gear reduction tool added to it..can you spell torque..

Minuteman

Brian john said:
Twice as conductive? This driving method will show up in somebodies spec's
I do they figure that?

you will need about ? the number of ground rods to achieve the same earth contact resistance than sledge hammer driven rods.

And I wonder what happens when it hits a root just right. Blondie goes for a spin!

Good morning,
We had tried one of these a while back, I wouldn't buy one. It's a classic "as seen on TV" product. The weight of this thing will prevent you from ever pulling it out of the tool box or truck. The hammer drill is more efficient and handy. Not to mention it pulls a lot of juice. You'll need a rather large AWG exstention cord your standard 16 to 14 awg 50ft just isn't enough.

LHarrington

jmsbrush

LHarrington said:
Good morning,
We had tried one of these a while back, I wouldn't buy one. It's a classic "as seen on TV" product. The weight of this thing will prevent you from ever pulling it out of the tool box or truck. The hammer drill is more efficient and handy. Not to mention it pulls a lot of juice. You'll need a rather large AWG exstention cord your standard 16 to 14 awg 50ft just isn't enough.

LHarrington
Thanks for telling us that? Sorry you had to waste youre money but it looked preety neat on the add.

tajaj

we used to water drill our rods. you can just push the rod in by hand after doing a few. just push the rod in about two or three inches and pull it out and fill the hole with water work it up and down and add water as needed you can get all but the last six inches this way. then hammer it in the last bit so the inspector cant tell. it is against code to water (or slury) drill a ground rod as the water (slury) dries up leaving the rod in a tunnel and not much earth contact so they say. that tool would not fly around here as it would leave the rod in a tunnel may as well just cut off six inches and burry that six inch piece

LarryFine

Master Electrician Electric Contractor Richmond VA
Occupation
Electrical Contractor
tajaj said:
just push the rod in about two or three inches and pull it out and fill the hole with water work it up and down and add water as needed you can get all but the last six inches this way. then hammer it in the last bit so the inspector cant tell.
I find it hard to believe that this is worth the mess and effort, especially if you have to break out the rotary hammer to finish up anyway.

tajaj

not a hack just showing you that we dont hack. if you cant drive a ground rod just burry it full length it takes more time and effort to post this message than to drive a rod.

Status
Not open for further replies.