Health Care Facilities

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cavie

Are cord multi-outlet strips, cord power strips an acceptable electrical means in healthcare facilities.

Nope. They are concidered a trip hazard. I worked in one for 4 years. We had 30 units in the ALF section and I went on a search and distroy mission once a month. ARCA is the inspection agency in Florida. They came in once a year.

Wire_nutz

Nope. They are concidered a trip hazard. I worked in one for 4 years. We had 30 units in the ALF section and I went on a search and distroy mission once a month. ARCA is the inspection agency in Florida. They came in once a year.

What does ARCA stand for? Is this a local, national or just a Florida standard?

Wire_nutz

are you talking about relocatable power taps, or something else ?

RPT?s have circuit breakers or some type of over current protection. Plain multi-outlet power strips do not have over current protection. So my question would be is either one acceptable, or both?

From the UL White Book (XBYS), page 402 in the '09 copy.

"Relocatable power taps have not been investigated and are not intended for use with general patient care areas or critical patient care areas of health care facilities as defined in Article 517 of ANSI/NFPA 70, ??National Electrical Code.??

raider1

Staff member
From the UL White Book (XBYS), page 402 in the '09 copy.

"Relocatable power taps have not been investigated and are not intended for use with general patient care areas or critical patient care areas of health care facilities as defined in Article 517 of ANSI/NFPA 70, ??National Electrical Code.??

Thanks Pierre, I didn't have the white book handy when I posted.

Chris

Status
Not open for further replies.