Help finding a thermal protector

Status
Not open for further replies.

wbsteve

I was troubleshooting a 175w metal halide light fixture Recessed in a soffit and found out the
Thermal protector needs to be replaced. It fits in a 1/2" KO in the fixture. My local supply house suggested buying a new fixture. Any ideas where I can find one?

wbsteve

The supply house is trying to sell me a $200 dollar fixture I'm pretty sure this thing is less than $20. I only found 2 with a google search they are 135 or 145 Celsius and that seems too high to me. Any suggestions?

kwired

Electron manager
The supply house is trying to sell me a $200 dollar fixture I'm pretty sure this thing is less than $20. I only found 2 with a google search they are 135 or 145 Celsius and that seems too high to me. Any suggestions?

What is installation location on the luminaire? The lamps probably run hotter than 145C. Are they IC or non IC rated? My guess is with that kind of wattage they are non IC, therefore surface temps of the luminaire would be higher operating temp than they would be for IC.

Bernard1599

I was troubleshooting a 175w metal halide light fixture Recessed in a soffit and found out the
Thermal protector needs to be replaced. It fits in a 1/2" KO in the fixture. My local supply house suggested buying a new fixture. Any ideas where I can find one?

If the fixture is a Prescolite/Hubble, go here: http://www.hubbell.com/Lighting/Prescolite.aspx.

Click on Tech Support under Quick Links and supply the fixture model and the thermal Protector i.e. RP5 or whatever.

I have had great success locating HPS & MH fixture parts. Try to talk to a tech named Bob Tauber.

Regards,

Status
Not open for further replies.