Help finding product

Status
Not open for further replies.

moresi

In past issues of EC&M magazine I noted an ad for a clear disposable plastic cover that can be installed over outlet and switch boxes during the rough-in prior to the plaster making a mess of the box. Anyone know the name / source of such a product? I am having trouble finding these and could use them for a large project I am on.

Ruff-N

How about that 2" blue painters tape its pretty strurdy, I used to cover devices with it when we got ahead of the painters to keep paint off the devices. Although its kinda pricey per roll.

tkb

How about that 2" blue painters tape its pretty strurdy, I used to cover devices with it when we got ahead of the painters to keep paint off the devices. Although its kinda pricey per roll.

That will work stopping the router. :roll:

Ruff-N

That will work stopping the router. :roll:
Well gezz the OP is wanting to use plastic, I guess plastic will stop a router:roll::confused::cool: So much for my goffy idea LOL. Oh wait I believe Appelton makes this hard plastic cover for just that application.

Last edited:

jmellc

Occupation
Facility Maintenance Tech. Licensed Electrician
Duct tape is cheap. Wadded up paper is free. Small slabs of cardboard are free. Not much will stand up to a router if a careless drywaller gets busy. Even with a metal cover, he can come in at an angle and meet any challenge. Metal box with metal cover may survive well.

Status
Not open for further replies.