Help with lutron 0-10 controls

I have never done a lutron 0-10 set up, can someone confirm my plan is ok? So Im am thinking a LOS CDT 2000 OC, PP-DV power pack, and a Nova NTSTV dimmer. Despite reading all the destructions, I guess the one thing Im not clear on is the connection of dimmer to the power pack. Do I just "daisy chain" from the power pack thru the OC sensors (only one in my case) and then to the dimmer? So this is just 24 V to power the dimmer right? And then I come out of the dimmer with my two 0-0-10 wires to my fixtures? In this configuration, does the "off" on the Nova dimmer do anything or no? Thanks! 🤗

Power pack, my install I think page 3 https://assets.lutron.com/a/documents/369544_eng.pdf
Dimmer, my install I think page 13 class 2 https://assets.lutron.com/a/documents/novatb.pdf

Kansas Mountain

Occupation
Lighting and Lighting Control Designs
0-10V Vive PowPak - model RMJS-8T-DV-B

Wireless Pico Switch - ref spec sheet for various configurations and which would best suit your application. 3BRL is very popular in my market.

If wireless winds up completely out of the question for some reason,

Wired Pico Switch or Maestro Wired Switch

Either a battery powered switch, or a wired switch but one that has wireless control signaling. Ref the installation requirements for specifics, but essentially, you just hold down a button on the switch and the power pack to wirelessly pair the devices. Line voltage to your power pack. 0-10V wiring originates at power pack and goes to fixtures. Also enables simple multi-location dimming if needed.

And on the Nova T's, I try to avoid those when possible. Nothing really looks like them or uses the same face plate. Can lead to annoying scenarios on partial remodels/updates.

0-10V Vive PowPak - model RMJS-8T-DV-B

Wireless Pico Switch - ref spec sheet for various configurations and which would best suit your application. 3BRL is very popular in my market.

If wireless winds up completely out of the question for some reason,

Wired Pico Switch or Maestro Wired Switch

Either a battery powered switch, or a wired switch but one that has wireless control signaling. Ref the installation requirements for specifics, but essentially, you just hold down a button on the switch and the power pack to wirelessly pair the devices. Line voltage to your power pack. 0-10V wiring originates at power pack and goes to fixtures. Also enables simple multi-location dimming if needed.

And on the Nova T's, I try to avoid those when possible. Nothing really looks like them or uses the same face plate. Can lead to annoying scenarios on partial remodels/updates.
Ok great, thanks. Upon further contemplation, I think I should go wired. For my learning, other than the nova dimmer, what do you find wrong with my plan? Note there are OC sensors too

ActionDave

Chief Moderator
Staff member
Durango, CO, 10 h 20 min from the winged horses.
Occupation
Licensed Electrician
I don't know anything about Nova sensors but 0-10V dimmer is separate from the power pacs and OCs even if the switch has a dimmer on it. You can jumper your 0-10V from fixture to fixture or hit a box with fixture whips that have dimmer wires. OCs, and wall switch can be in parallel to the power pacs or the wall switch can override. The one sure thing is you can't tell if the lights are dimmed unless they are turned on, at least on all the lights I have done. I imagine it's the same for Lutron.

I don't know anything about Nova sensors but 0-10V dimmer is separate from the power pacs and OCs even if the switch has a dimmer on it. You can jumper your 0-10V from fixture to fixture or hit a box with fixture whips that have dimmer wires. OCs, and wall switch can be in parallel to the power pacs or the wall switch can override. The one sure thing is you can't tell if the lights are dimmed unless they are turned on, at least on all the lights I have done. I imagine it's the same for Lutron.
Thanks Dave. I think in this case the dimmer and the OC connect to the same "24V bus" that tells the power pack what to do? Well the dimmer isn't providing any information to the power pack (unless there is an off function) but it does need 24v power to run it no?