Here is a pic I took today...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dennis Alwon

Staff member
Occupation
Retired Electrical Contractor
Here is the picture-- you need to use an online company like shutterfly.com or some other service. It is free.

I am not sure why your picture didn't post.

47b8d837b3127ccec43410422e9e00000026100UaNmbRs1Yg9vPhY

Last edited:

ultramegabob

notice how the LB is firmly attached with several zip-ties, I saw this as I was driving by the entrance of a church, this is right on the edge of the road, Im going to keep an eye on it to see how long it will take for someone to run over it, or hit it with a snow plow this winter.

iwire

Staff member
mdshunk said:
Through wall air conditioning packs. They're more popularly used on the ends of portable classrooms and portable jobsite offices.

How do we know there is not a trailer under that stone veneer? :D

480sparky

mdshunk said:
Through wall air conditioning packs. They're more popularly used on the ends of portable classrooms and portable jobsite offices.

office-trailers.jpg

Wow! You Eastern-type cosmopolitans have all the neat stuff. What's next, indoor plumbing? Boxes in your living rooms with moving pictures?

mdshunk

iwire said:
There might be!

No, these things were used quite a bit in the late 70's and through the early 90's when a ducted system could not be easily and economically fitted, a traditional PTAC would be too small, and where multiple PTAC's could not be easily accomodated. These "trailer packs" have some pretty high heating and cooling BTU ratings, where one or two might do the job that would take 8 or 10 PTAC's. Nowadays, people are favoring mini-splits with multiple indoor evaporators, but these trailer packs are still the "right thing to do" in certain circumstances.

mdshunk

ultramegabob said:
and this was on the back of the building that I was working at today...
That might be a slack box that I read some of the PoCo's are requiring now. That one does not apper to be sealable, however.

ultramegabob

mdshunk said:
That might be a slack box that I read some of the PoCo's are requiring now. That one does not apper to be sealable, however.

no, that was a boo boo, I know the hack who installed it, I just cant believe the power company allowed it...

brantmacga

Señor Member
Occupation
Former Child
iwire said:

Oh I have seen just such a thing! Went on a troubleshooting call once at a house. It looked to be around 3k sq. ft. or so. A decent sized structure. But it was laid out pretty weird. I needed to go into the attic, and HO said stairs were on the front porch. I go into the attic and find myself walking on shingles. It was two doublewides parked together; they'd put new siding around them and mounted trusses on top w/ a new roof. I'd never had guessed if it weren't for going into the "attic". Anyway, from what I remember the point of going into the attic was to visually trace a cable.

Status
Not open for further replies.