here you go every one

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dennis Alwon

Staff member
Occupation
Retired Electrical Contractor
So why do they need my email etc. to give me $10.00 off. They are not giving this money away for nothing. Hope you have an email account for the junk mail because I would bet you will be getting some.

tmbrk

I just tried to get my coupon. I filled out the form and clicked on submit and this was the response: "This IP address has already received the maximum number of coupons"
This was the first time I submitted. What a ripoff! Do you think someone else could have used my email already?

bikeindy

Dennis Alwon said:
So why do they need my email etc. to give me $10.00 off. They are not giving this money away for nothing. Hope you have an email account for the junk mail because I would bet you will be getting some.

It is how they send you the coupon. I have some email accounts that I use for this stuff.

rexowner

Occupation
Electrician
tmbrk said:
I just tried to get my coupon. I filled out the form and clicked on submit and this was the response: "This IP address has already received the maximum number of coupons"
This was the first time I submitted. What a ripoff! Do you think someone else could have used my email already?

Your IP address has nothing to do with your email
address.

Your IP address is something that in the short term
tells Internet packets how to reach you. Your email
address is something that in the long term tells email
messages how to reach your mail server. Anyway,
this could be a book to go into the details.

Your (SP) Service Provider (DSL or cable) has a "pool" of
IP addresses (probably in the 1000's) that they dynamically
assign to their users on an as-needed basis (unless you
have a static IP address, but if you did, you would
probably know you did). What it probably means is that
others who have the same SP as you have already gotten
multiple coupons (possibly with multiple email addresses
as suggested), and Lowe's is using this as a fraud
protection mechanism.

It's possible, but not guaranteed that if you reset your
IP address (or just logon/off or disconnect/reconnect
to your internet), you might be able to get a coupon.
Sorry if this is a little lame, I didn't design this promotion.

Last edited:

bikeindy

MAK said:
What do you think they make on selling your email address to any donkey with a useless product to push?

I don't care, I only use the email I give them for these type offers I delete anything I haven't requested if it makes in past a spam filter. Good for them for selling my bogus email address I saved $10 for each one I gave them.

quogueelectric

tmbrk said:
Do you have a password on your router or is it just open for anyone to jump on with wifi??

Status
Not open for further replies.