Here's what I'm going to do,,,,,,,,,,Exit

Status
Not open for further replies.

dicklaxt

I guess this is as good of place as any.

I'm going to quit posting to this forum because my mind is not remembering things like it used to and I'm saying things that once I go back and read my response I say to myself, that's not what I meant or I know better than that etc. I feel kind of in the rear of the pack some time too as the things that once were automatic I now have to stop and think about.Oh yes another thing I mis read a lot of things as well.

So it's exit stage right,I'll be around reading and if I see something I really can get into I'll jump in.

It's been a good ride but time for the old man to kick back.

dick

Smart $

Esteemed Member
I guess this is as good of place as any.

I'm going to quit posting to this forum because my mind is not remembering things like it used to and I'm saying things that once I go back and read my response I say to myself, that's not what I meant or I know better than that etc. I feel kind of in the rear of the pack some time too as the things that once were automatic I now have to stop and think about.Oh yes another thing I mis read a lot of things as well.

So it's exit stage right,I'll be around reading and if I see something I really can get into I'll jump in.

It's been a good ride but time for the old man to kick back.

dick
Don't be so hard on yourself. :thumbsup:

And remember, there's only a three letter difference between kick back and kick bucket :p

:bye: for now.

Gregg Harris

Occupation
Electrical,HVAC, Technical Trainer
I agree, I third the second

If all the post on here would be correct every time we would not have anything to argue over.

Discussing different views can make you think about a subject from different perspectives, you may come away learning or more confident at what you do.

I say hang in there and keep posting and learning till someone above calls for you.

augie47

Staff member
Occupation
State Electrical Inspector (Retired)
I add that I too wish you continue to post.
I have gained insight from your experience and posting.

case in point:
LOL Lots of guessing going on here guys,,,,,here's the real answer.

I got you youngsters on this one ,,,its called a clampback and was originally intended to be used to keep rigid aluminum conduit off concrete surfaces as the concrete had a lot of chlorine/chlorides,,,,,,,,,,chlorine and aluminum was thought not to mix and would cause a lot of corrosion and concrete failures.Its a long standing running gun battle between the cement folks and the aluminum conduit makers. Its one of those things that will always be around and will probably never be agreed on.

Thats the true start of it all.

The Old Man said that
thumbsup.gif

Believe me I fully understand the "age effect".. my mind and fingers combine to allow me to post stupid stuff all the time... but even a blind hog occasionally finds an acorn.

Stay with us.

Last edited:

cadpoint

I liked my air gap answer in the cross thread post answer! :)

I can also relate to the Air Gap that can happen when posting here, I am right with you in that thought.

I find that if one composes off-line, in Word, that other aspects of writing and composing will show!

There, one can also compose and never send, one aspect that my neighbor presented to me years ago. I do practice that as well.

I think there's more to gain being an active member, but I can also relate to "what did I say in that post" when the flag's up...

Let your voice never be silenced nor dismissed, I Say... :D

G0049

I'm going to quit posting to this forum because my mind is not remembering things like it used to and I'm saying things that once I go back and read my response I say to myself, that's not what I meant or I know better than that etc.

If everybody here that has that problem (including me) quit posting, there won't be much to read...

jeremysterling

I compose and delete three times more than I compose and post. Every now and again I work up the courage to hit the post button. After I post, I'm promptly clicking on edit...

I've read the OP's posts, when I see his tagline, I instantly respect and regard what he writes.

This forum works because of young and old, inexperienced and experienced, apprentice and master, learned and learning, reading and posting...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.