HERMETIC COMP

Status
Not open for further replies.

HOGO

New User
To ALL

i have a hermetic compressor that has UL listed for ordinary location ,so
can I use hermetic compressor in C1D2 locations?

Thanks in advance.

rbalex

Staff member
Occupation
Professional Electrical Engineer
Without full vendor data and an understanding of the process where the compressor is used, I could not advise anyone about this.

HOGO.

Without full vendor data and an understanding of the process where the compressor is used, I could not advise anyone about this.

This hermetic compressor will be installed inside a refrigerator in C1D2 location and its motor is 3 phase induction motor and I think the hermetically sealed Technique (protection) is acceptable in C1D2 location!!!!

is this correct??

rbalex

Staff member
Occupation
It is virtually impossible for rotating equipment to be hermetically sealed. The compressor tank may be, but then it isn't an electrical component.

In all honesty, it is probably acceptable but I'd still want to see the vendor data.

HOGO.

It is virtually impossible for rotating equipment to be hermetically sealed. The compressor tank may be, but then it isn't an electrical component.

In all honesty, it is probably acceptable but I'd still want to see the vendor data.

The motor is inside compressor housing View attachment 9049
also compressor data as follow:
400v .50hz,3 phase
7hp,R22 and there is no another data

is this enough????

rbalex

Staff member
Occupation
I tried my best but I still can't make out the details on the label but my guess is the installation would be suitable for Division 2.

Status
Not open for further replies.