Hi Rise Bldg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alwayslearningelec

Occupation
Estimator
For a nw constuction hi rise building which the slabs are poured in place are the stairwell landings not poured in place and already pre-cast? Not sure of differeent in NYC than other areas. Thanks.

gadfly56

Occupation
Professional Engineer, Fire & Life Safety
The job I'm currently on, the stairs are sub-assemblies dropped in place.

infinity

Staff member
Occupation
Journeyman Electrician
Thanks. What do you mean by concrete filled steel stairs? The stair landings are made of what?
The stairs and the landings are metal pans which get filled with concrete. This is before the concrete is poured.

ParkA-Proj_700x400.jpg

augie47

Staff member
Occupation
State Electrical Inspector (Retired)
If its a highrise stairwell you better check applicable fire and building Codes. There are tons of restrictions.

infinity

Staff member
Occupation
Journeyman Electrician
Ah, nice pic. TY!!! So running conduit vertically through these stairs requires coring/penetrating?
Yes but it's only a few inches of concrete and the metal pan. For poured concrete stairs we put sleeves in before the pour.

Alwayslearningelec

Occupation
Estimator
Yes but it's only a few inches of concrete and the metal pan. For poured concrete stairs we put sleeves in before the pour.

So to be clear you only need to cut through the stair landing to set the sleeve? What do you guys use to get through the metal/steel stair landing? Core drill bit.

infinity

Staff member
Occupation
Journeyman Electrician
In your experience of all the new building you worked in what % is the stair type of the pic you posted?

I mentioned the difference in post #7. :)

A steel and Q deck building will almost always have metal stairways with concrete fill. A poured concrete building will use formed and poured conrete stairways. I'm guessing that maybe someone makes pre-fab versions but I have never seen them.

Alwayslearningelec

Occupation
Estimator
I mentioned the difference in post #7. :)

A steel and Q deck building will almost always have metal stairways with concrete fill. A poured concrete building will use formed and poured conrete stairways. I'm guessing that maybe someone makes pre-fab versions but I have never seen them.

Yes, got it.

Status
Not open for further replies.