HID flood light beam charecteristics

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part 77

Phoenix brand lighting website has the following info for their HID outdoor industrial flood light fixtures beam characteristics.
OPTICS:
A = Narrow
B = Wide
C = Very Narrow
D = Very Wide
I have been looking for Wide-Lite fixture info (HID outdoor industrial flood light fixtures also)
on the Canlyte website for their beam characteristics. Lamest site EVER! Clicking on their "Spec Sheet" to check their beam characteristics sends me off to search the web for programs to support viewing their stuff.

Is the A,B,C,D as above an industry standard? In other words, will Wide-Lite have the same A,B,C D chacteristics? TIA

Last edited:

dicklaxt

Photo metrics of each fixture is different from one manufacturer to the other.There may be a standard but really a broad brush following.

Wide-Lite was the Cadillac of floods many years ago but high cost really was a hindrance to the industrial side of things and they didn't fair to well in that market,that could all be different today but I'll bet they are still pricey.

2 of the 1000 watt fixtures gutted and hinged together sure made a good BBQ cooker tho, LOL

dick

Last edited:

Part 77

Photo metrics of each fixture is different from one manufacturer to the other.There may be a standard but really a broad brush following.

Wide-Lite was the Cadillac of floods many years ago but high cost really was a hindrance to the industrial side of things and they didn't fair to well in that market,that could all be different today but I'll bet they are still pricey.

2 of the 1000 watt fixtures gutted and hinged together sure made a good BBQ cooker tho, LOL

dick

BBQ? Now that's thinking outside the box! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.