High Clg. Cdt. Runs

Status
Not open for further replies.

mstrlucky74

Another high ceiling question.

Do you think it takes long to run conduits at 25' on a lift as opposed to off a ladder? Would it matter if it were (1) 1" or (5) 3"? Thanks.

LarryFine

Master Electrician Electric Contractor Richmond VA
Occupation
Electrical Contractor
I can't imagine working on anything being faster on a ladder than on a lift. Plus, the lift lifts materials.

MAC702

At that height, the lift wins every time for speed. The real question is cost and getting it to the location its needed; does that part make it worth it for the little conduit? It really helps lifting the heavy conduit up most of the way.

Are you allowed to drive the lift while raised? :huh:

mstrlucky74

At that height, the lift wins every time for speed. The real question is cost and getting it to the location its needed; does that part make it worth it for the little conduit? It really helps lifting the heavy conduit up most of the way.

Good question about driving while raised...lol

You can load up a couple or bunch of sticks of conduits on a lift?

jumper

Good question about driving while raised...lol

Depends on the situation/conditions.

OSHA:

When using a powered scissor-lift in an elevated position, if there are no physical obstructions, can the operator legally drive the powered vehicle from one place to another without lowering the lift (i.e., while changing light bulbs or fluorescent light ceiling mounted fixtures in a warehouse)?

Response:

The subject ANSI/SIA standard addresses requirements for elevated driving in Section 7.11.14, and manufacturer testing (movement of the vehicle while the scissor-lift is elevated) in Section 4.7.3. Section 7.11.14(2) describes ideal conditions, where the driving surface is clear from obstacles, debris, drop-offs, holes, depressions, ramps and other hazards to ensure safe elevated travel. Thus, if those provisions are followed, the self-propelled elevated work platform may be driven without lowering the platform.

https://www2.osha.gov/pls/oshaweb/owadisp.show_document?p_table=INTERPRETATIONS&p_id=21810

romex jockey

Occupation
electrician
Grand response, i always wondered about that in safety meetings where they seemed to loose their focus and talk about where the donuts were coming from....~RJ~

romex jockey

Occupation
electrician
Which brings me to our fix (i bet i'm not alone) installing 3/4" 'hoops' outside the basket to hold 300' of pipe on each side of it

Then placing a piece of 4x4 plywood on the handrails , so all the couplings connectors, etc were w/in reach

The idea was to keep 2 men in the air....

~RJ~

Status
Not open for further replies.