Homeline panels

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dennis Alwon

Staff member
Occupation
Retired Electrical Contractor
Sq. D Homeline makes a panel where the afci and gfci connect to the neutral bar. Does anyone know if a standard afci/gfci breaker (with the pigtail) can fit in this panel and is it compliant? @jim dungar

LarryFine

Master Electrician Electric Contractor Richmond VA
Occupation
Electrical Contractor
Sq. D Homeline makes a panel where the afci and gfci connect to the neutral bar. Does anyone know if a standard afci/gfci breaker (with the pigtail) can fit in this panel and is it compliant? @jim dungar
Yes to both questions, and you're not required to use the neutral terminal on plug-on-neutral standard breakers.

curt swartz

Electrical Contractor - San Jose, CA
Occupation
Electrical Contractor
Yes to both questions, and you're not required to use the neutral terminal on plug-on-neutral standard breakers.
I agree that both plug on neutral and pigtail neutral breakers can be used.
I'm confused about your comment in bold. There is no plug on neutral standard breaker.

Little Bill

Staff member
Occupation
Semi-Retired Electrician
There is also a neutral bar/bus with screw slots along with the plug-on portion. So you can use the breakers w/pigtail, just connect the pigtail like normal on the older panels.

Rdcowart

Occupation
Electrical license Holder
It sucks now when I get in a hurry and run into Lowe’s or the depot and grab my Afci or gfci breakers. When I get to the job it’s the new plug on neural breakers instead of the pigtail.🤬🤬🤬🤬🤯🤯

Status
Not open for further replies.