Honeywell Aqualink centralized electric heat

Status
Not open for further replies.

kwired

Electron manager
IMO That is the reason for using them in this application.

I would never do that in a dwelling unit and I suspect that is what he is dealing with.

In the case of the electric heater in an air handler the contactor is not that loud. You get the click when it pulls in or drops out, but otherwise if it does start buzzing it likely will not be heard over the blower anyway. With the baseboard heaters if a contactor starts buzzing it may be more noticeable - really depends on where this control is located as to how acceptable it may be.

I have had some "sequencers" that seem to need constant maintenance and often wonder if they are worth having - have replaced a few with contactors. Customers don't notice any difference in performance, but do notice they don't have to call me back as often.

iwire

Staff member
In the case of the electric heater in an air handler the contactor is not that loud. You get the click when it pulls in or drops out, but otherwise if it does start buzzing it likely will not be heard over the blower anyway. With the baseboard heaters if a contactor starts buzzing it may be more noticeable - really depends on where this control is located as to how acceptable it may be.

I have had some "sequencers" that seem to need constant maintenance and often wonder if they are worth having - have replaced a few with contactors. Customers don't notice any difference in performance, but do notice they don't have to call me back as often.

What ever, I am just saying how I would handle it.

kwired

Electron manager
What ever, I am just saying how I would handle it.

Did you not think I was doing the same?

If my reasons are meaningless to you, you can ignore them. I was not trying to imply that you were wrong about anything. Sorry if that is how you took it.

Status
Not open for further replies.