Hospital Generators

Status
Not open for further replies.

mshields

(F) Generator Set Accessories. Generator set accessories as required for generator performance.

The above is a new requirement in the 2008 code, from Article 517 under Life Safety Branch 517.32. It's either new or changed.

I have a generator on grade and I'm wondering if I really need to bring a life safety circuit to it (I do have an "Equipment" supplied 208Y/120V panel" included in the spec.

In any event, relevant to paragragh "F" above, I'm wondering what "required for generator performance" means.

Jacket water heater? I suppose
Battery Charger? I guess that too

I'd be interested in your input?

Thanks,

Mike

chris kennedy

Occupation
60 yr old tool twisting electrician
Stallcup's 08 Changes

Stallcup's 08 Changes

A new subsection for generator accessories, such as day tank pumps and other critical equipment necessary for operation of the generator, permits these circuits to be supplied from the life saftey branch. It will also help ensure the loads for the generator accessories are supplied from the same life saftey panelboard.

barbeer

I do not have a copy of 08 yet........I believe your assumptions are right, block heaters, chargers, blah blah.:smile: I have a Hospital expansion about to break plans here and am looking forward to peekin at them.

Status
Not open for further replies.