HOST AND EC

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a general question and would like to get some ideas about who if one or both parties would be responsible as per OSHA rules.
If a EC or one of his workers had an electrical injury on the job and this EC sign documents that he and his workers are trained in electrical safety and are trained in ppe as per OSHA before starting a contract job there ? He was walked through the work site and showed what had to be repaired or installed.

My question would be is the EC solely responsible for this injury or does the customer have some responsibility here ? What else besides having the EC state he is a trained professional ? What should the EC ask the host before starting work there ? This would be at a commercial or industrial site. Work site is in Ohio.

Last edited:

jim dungar

Staff member
Occupation
PE (Retired) - Power Systems
What should the EC ask the host before starting work there ? This would be at a commercial or industrial site.

NFPA70E, and therefore OSHA's general duty clause, requires a company to have an Electrical Safe Work Practices Program. The 'EC and the host' should compare their policies and determine what procedure to follow when differences are discovered.

Sahib

'Ultimately, the building owner is responsible for the safety of the personnel he employs in construction' says a court judgement, if I remember correctly!

Status
Not open for further replies.