Hot Tub question

Status
Not open for further replies.

hardworkingstiff

Re: Hot Tub question

Originally posted by jwelectric:
680.26 Equipotential Bonding.
(A) Performance. The equipotential bonding required by this section shall be installed to eliminate voltage gradients in the pool area as prescribed.
:)
jw, is this saying I need to install the equipotential bonding grid? Even though the only metal is the motor, and it is behind a wooden panel and not accessible without taking screws out and the panel off of the tub.

jwelectric

Re: Hot Tub question

I live in Randolph county about 20 miles south of Greensboro.

Should a hot tub be installed outside on a concrete pad it will be required to have an equipotential bonding grid and be bonded to the tub as outlined in 680.26 (C).

I made a mistake in my 07:34 PM post as to the use of NM cable on the inside of the dwelling unit. You made mention of a sub panel in your first post which means that you will be running feeders out to the tub and it will now require;

680.25 Feeders. (A) Wiring Methods. Feeders shall be installed in rigid metal conduit, intermediate metal conduit, liquidtight, flexible nonmetallic conduit, or rigid nonmetallic conduit. Electrical metallic tubing shall be permitted where installed on or within a building, and electrical nonmetallic tubing shall be permitted where installed within a building.
Don?t forget to install your receptacle as outlined in 680.22 (A) (3)

jw, is this saying I need to install the equipotential bonding grid? Even though the only metal is the motor, and it is behind a wooden panel and not accessible without taking screws out and the panel off of the tub.
This is the debate that I mentioned earlier. As long as it is on the ground or a wooden deck, No. put it on a concrete pad and now the debate starts. The way I read 680.26 I would say yes, if on a concrete pad then the equipotential bonding grid would be required.
:)

Status
Not open for further replies.