Hot water

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sierrasparky

Occupation
Electrician ,contractor
Is this one of those build as implied jobs?

We the specs say "Build as intended to use"

Sierrasparky

Occupation
Electrician ,contractor
If it's not a requirement then I would not add it as lowest price wins the bid.
Do you provide a spec for the entire job with this bid?

Jim W in Tampa

Are commercial bathrooms required to have hot water?
I would say it depends on AHJ. Here in Fl i have wired many small offices without. If not on the print might be wise to call it to attention to the GC. Also smart to look at the plumbing page as it might be on his but not yours. Bottom line if my panel schedule doesn't show it then its an extra and requires a new load calc and up to inspector if he wants it going thru plan review again.

ptrip

If it has a toilet, I would assume it would need hot water for hand washing purposes. :confused:

I've worked on projects where, according to the health dept, water had to reach X temperature within Y minutes at all lavatories.

But this is back when I was designing all trades (M, E and P) ... and it's not really an electrical issue insomuch as a plumbing issue. :roll:

cowboyjwc

Staff member
I would say it depends on AHJ. Here in Fl i have wired many small offices without. If not on the print might be wise to call it to attention to the GC. Also smart to look at the plumbing page as it might be on his but not yours. Bottom line if my panel schedule doesn't show it then its an extra and requires a new load calc and up to inspector if he wants it going thru plan review again.

That's a good call, there may be a gas water heater and of course it won't show up on your plans. Electric water heaters are not very efficient.

M. D.

Depends on the type of building, i.e. resteraunt sink for employees, yes.
gas station, no.

If it were in Mass ,...I'd bet my socks hot water required.

Founding of Principles. 248 CMR 10.00 is founded upon certain principles of public health environmental sanitation and safety through properly designed, acceptably installed, and adequately maintained plumbing systems. Some of the details of plumbing construction may vary but the basic sanitary and safety principles desirable and necessary to protect the health of people are the same everywhere. As interpretations may be required, and as unforeseen situations arise which are not specifically covered in 248 CMR 10.00, the final interpretation shall be made by the Board. The following principles shall comply with all Articles of the State Sanitary Code and Titles of the Environmental Code.
  1. Principle No. 3 -- Hot Water Required. Hot water must be supplied to all plumbing fixtures which normally need or require hot water for their proper use and function.

Status
Not open for further replies.