Hourly rate in various area? Commercial vs. Residential

Status
Not open for further replies.

bjp_ne_elec

Wondering what the various areas are getting for an hourly rate for a JW, and hourly rate for an Apprentice? I know it's going to very almost city by city, but wonder what some of the folks are seeing for average rates.

In northeastern MA, I'm seeing it vary from $65 to some charging up to $100 - with the $100 being commercial jobs.

e57

Around here - its $75 - to $120 depending on contractor not the job - do you pay your employees differently on each? And rarely would you get any seperate rate for experiance level - only if someone was cutting you a deal.... JW and schmuck are the same hourly billed.

jeff43222

e57 said:
Around here - its $75 - to $120 depending on contractor not the job - do you pay your employees differently on each? And rarely would you get any seperate rate for experiance level - only if someone was cutting you a deal.... JW and schmuck are the same hourly billed.
Do you list them on the estimate? "One JW and one schmuck to install two ceiling fans..." :D

e57

jeff43222 said:
Do you list them on the estimate? "One JW and one schmuck to install two ceiling fans..." :D

No - total hours of both... But it did take me some time to stop introducing a few of them that way...

emahler

bjp_ne_elec said:
If the guy is a smuck, why is he still working for you - is my question.

Brett

:) any mechanics working for you brett? just wait till you have the work for 5-10 guys and need the bodies...

e57

bjp_ne_elec said:
If the guy is a smuck, why is he still working for you - is my question.

Brett

Because they are new they will make mistakes... And you really have to legally document some biggies before you sack 'em and they qualify for unemployment. At which point you/we are paying for them not to work. And you'll never know how bad they are until you hire them. But that goes for any employee - JW or anything else...

Status
Not open for further replies.