How do I drive speakers from headphone drivers?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hanalee

Occupation
Electronic Engineer
Hi, all
I’m using a SOM which has TLV320AIC3106 on it, I want to use speakers, but TLV320AIC3106 has output for headphones.

I am complete newb regarding audio electronics, but I guess I need to use amplifier for this.

Is there anyone have some ideas regarding this issue? What amplifier to use? Many thanks.

junkhound

Occupation
EE, power electronics specialty
Hmm - electronic engineer in China needs to ask about audio amplifier? We should be asking you!

A friend recently bought a made in china class E for under $US90 in the states.
Search "Chi-fi" in English language texts, then search in HK Chinese - bet you can find a 100 kHz DAC audio class E 1 kW 2 channel inside China for under $15 USD.

note "chi-fi' in no way meant to be derogatory, 'status' audiophiles will spend $2000 for an amp that has less performance capability that the $15 Chinese version.

Of course, if you be one of those who think vacuum tube class AB amps are "warm" with " better' sound, the same peaking compression can be obtained thru DAC programming if desired. Only way to tell the difference is with a scope.

synchro

Occupation
EE
What are your requirements for speaker impedance and audio output power.?
Also what is the available DC supply voltage?
If high efficiency is needed (for example in a battery powered portable product) then a Class-D switching amplifier would be very appropriate.

retirede

I have used one of these for 8 years:

Perfectly adequate for powering aux speakers near my pool.

Hanalee

Occupation
Electronic Engineer
All,
I want an amplifier with a built in power supply, or its own wall wart and internal power supply, yea, not just a small amplifier board. The power supplies for small audio amps have to be very "clean" so as not to get 50/60 Hz hum in the output.

Status
Not open for further replies.