How do you store your code book on the jobsite?

Status
Not open for further replies.

chromelemon

New User
Occupation
Electrician
With all the rain, humidity, and general carnage on the job site, it is only a matter of time until my code book will become messed up.

How do you guys store your code book on the job site? Is there a plastic or metal code book case or something? I've been trying to find one but to no avail.

rambojoe

Occupation
Wireman
I can tell you- not on a table in a building w/no roof..and rain.
Honestly it was only chance that it was out- field manuals (tables and such) are easier to tote around and great for quick reference. My code book stays by the throne!

Coppersmith

Occupation
Electrical Contractor
I try to research all possible code issues before starting a job. The PDF version on my desktop computer is far faster than a paper copy. However the occasional question does come up. I keep a codebook in the truck. Since I don't need it very often, the extra walk is not a big deal.

Charged

Occupation
Electrical Designer
I’m in an office everyday and I just use the uglys pocket reference I got at Home Depot most of time when I’m not doing a full code review of a project or situation. I thought those would be popular for contractors. I usually pick one up for temporary co ops and interns I think there great for quick reference of things. Anyone use these?

xptpcrewx

Power System Engineer
Occupation
Licensed Electrical Engineer, Licensed Electrical Contractor, Certified Master Electrician
With all the rain, humidity, and general carnage on the job site, it is only a matter of time until my code book will become messed up.

How do you guys store your code book on the job site? Is there a plastic or metal code book case or something? I've been trying to find one but to no avail.
I keep mine in the truck center console, where it wont get stolen and where there is a/c when I need to look something up.

infinity

Staff member
Occupation
Journeyman Electrician
In the field I use one of the PDF versions that is on my phone (which I hate) but it's with me all of the time.

junkhound

Occupation
EE, power electronics specialty
Only hard copy I have is the 1983 or so, sits on the same bookshelf it has been on for the last 30 years.

Knuckle Dragger

Master Electrician Electrical Contractor 01752
Occupation
Electrical Contractor
Modified paper bag book cover to protect. stored in my pickup underneath the center seat back rest folded down as armrest ( works out great), No one sits in the front center.

petersonra

Occupation
engineer

I rarely find that code questions come up when I'm in the field. I don't bring it with me when I am out of the office unless I happen to have my computer with me, which has a PDF copy. The PDF copy is much easier to use than the paper copy for me.

LarryFine

Master Electrician Electric Contractor Richmond VA
Occupation
Electrical Contractor
I keep mine here:
nuts.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.