How is this wired

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alwayslearningelec

Occupation
Estimator
Is calls for a 30A circuit. Is that right? See this is what I mean there are many people I have meet that really don't know as much as they portray.

This is shown on my drawings but there is no detail. It is in the telco room and in the specs(does not indicated how to install etc. ....just the model number)

I asked someone I worked with and I got a really "I'm not sure" just throw in a few hours and get a quote. Yes, I'm sure that 3-4 hours will be okay for the handling/install etc. but I want to know how this is wired. Believe me he was not sure......

I know it is uninterrupted power supply....battery back-up. Thanks.

mcclary's electrical

Is calls for a 30A circuit. Is that right? See this is what I mean there are many people I have meet that really don't know as much as they portray.

This is shown on my drawings but there is no detail. It is in the telco room and in the specs(does not indicated how to install etc. ....just the model number)

I asked someone I worked with and I got a really "I'm not sure" just throw in a few hours and get a quote. Yes, I'm sure that 3-4 hours will be okay for the handling/install etc. but I want to know how this is wired. Believe me he was not sure......

I know it is uninterrupted power supply....battery back-up. Thanks.

How is what wired?

480sparky

Whatever it is, I would use copper wires.

But outside of that, I can't give you any more information without know what you're asking about wiring up.

growler

I asked someone I worked with and I got a really "I'm not sure" just throw in a few hours and get a quote.

If it calls for a 30A circuit it gets bid as a 30A circuit and if it turns out not to be then it's change order time.

I would suggest that you read "Catch 22" and after reading the book just remember we still won the war. Having any idea what you are doing doesn't help at all.:D

GUNNING

oops ... da magic smoke came out.

oops ... da magic smoke came out.

have you tried reading the directions or maybe the boiler plate? Dont forget the little stuff like bonding.:)

Chamuit

Grumpy Old Man
Occupation
Electrician
page 3 of horsegoers pdf

attachment.php

mxslick

Ok, gonna make it easy on y'all:

6Kva model requires #8 with ground and 30amp DP breaker.
10kva requires #6 with ground and 50 amp DP breaker.

Both single phase input.

Make sure the input voltage switch is set to the correct voltage to.

So easy a caveman can do it. :grin:

__dan

grounding electrode required: 250-30 A 3

grounding electrode required: 250-30 A 3

Well, that sure made things a lot easier.

Start on page 10.

There is a 2U output isolating transformer that plugs into the rectifier/inverter module. It is separately derived and requires a grounding electrode conductor. This is not shown on the connection diagrams. There's a note on page 1 of the transformer module (plus knowing and meeting code).

http://www.tripplite.com/shared/tec...for-SmartOnline5kVA-Transformer-932517-EN.pdf

Equipment Connection Warnings
? Do not use Tripp Lite transformer modules in life support applications in which a malfunction or failure of a Tripp Lite transformer
could cause failure or significantly alter the performance of a life support device.
? Connect your transformer module's grounding terminal to a grounding electrode conductor.
? Branch circuit protection must be provided by building installation.

I've had this same argument with APC. APC can bite me.

The GEC goes to building steel in contact with the earth. I would be tempted to way upsize the GEC. If the branch circuit comes out of a subpanel with an equipment ground but no GEC, I would look at sizing the GEC for the source panel, ie, #4 cu, and look to terminate on the building steel at a group point for the other telcom - network equipment. The GEC for this job looks like a change order. On a bid the competition could omit it, accidentally or thinking they will not get caught.

Status
Not open for further replies.