How many items on a breaker

Status
Not open for further replies.

ggunn

PE (Electrical), NABCEP certified
Occupation
Consulting Electrical Engineer - Photovoltaic Systems
Some serious audiophiles can tell if you are using oxygen free cable without side by side comparison though:)
And they can hear the effects of that wooden volume knob and $5000 AC power cable, too! :D

James L

Occupation
Electrician
I generally take the use of the area into consideration, and even in non dwellings I may do this but do need to watch out for the inspector that may get hung on the 180VA per outlet....

I try to take the use of space into account, but if it' not abundantly clear I go 180va per.

But one municipality here (Smithville, Mo.) does limit the number of receptacles per circuit by designating 180va per.

I should say...they used to, any. I haven't wired a house there in a long time. They used to also require all #12 wire for general use lighting and receps

templdl

Some serious audiophiles can tell if you are using oxygen free cable without side by side comparison though:)
Lamp cord has worked fine for me. ;)
My son and I put together a portable sound systern usund a car amp and a DC power supply. We used a ternma DC distribution black that has as couple of ammeters and when we get the amp kicking you should see try he asmmter swing wildly with the bass. What we haven't monitored is the voltage. That is why we have been concerned about a voltage source with a limited voltage drop to supply the dynamic current that is required.

Last edited:

ggunn

PE (Electrical), NABCEP certified
Occupation
Consulting Electrical Engineer - Photovoltaic Systems
Lamp cord has worked fine for me. ;)
Years ago I read an article in Stereo Review (Consumer Reports type mag for audio) where they published the results of a double blind study they performed on speaker wire. They compared several of the hideously expensive, oxygen free, exotically braided, time aligned speaker wire with zipcord from a hardware store. They invited several of the golden eared equipment reviewers from other publications who were supposedly experts in the subtleties of speaker cables to participate. None of them could tell the zipcord from the rest of the cables.

Cloud

Normally 10 lights on a 16A breaker and 5 duplex on a 20A breaker. It is better if you separate the 2 circuits.

Status
Not open for further replies.