How to bond a instrument transformer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lucas Organ

Occupation
Industrial Electrician
Hey all, I am running to some practice questions that as me on how to bond a instrument transformer that is in a enclosure. The 2009 CEC was very clear on this out of section 10 however now not so much. Anyone able to give guidance on this, thank you so much in advance

LarryFine

Master Electrician Electric Contractor Richmond VA
Occupation
Electrical Contractor
Well, if the transformers are solidly bolted to the enclosure, which should be bonded to the neutral, they're bonded.

For the circuit wiring, there should be a circuit neutral, bonded to a terminal that is effectively connected to neutral.

Lucas Organ

Occupation
Industrial Electrician
Okay thanks so much, so just to clear this up for me, Bonding the frame to the enclosure is considered bonded ( for the frame). As for the wring, the grounding or bonding would be done so through the neutral wire connection.

thanks again so much

Eddy_Current

Hey all, I am running to some practice questions that as me on how to bond a instrument transformer that is in a enclosure. The 2009 CEC was very clear on this out of section 10 however now not so much. Anyone able to give guidance on this, thank you so much in advance
Post an example of one of these practice questions. It will be easier to tell you what they are looking for and what the code requires.

Status
Not open for further replies.