How to do simple transformer calculation to find secondary side voltage?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ggunn

PE (Electrical), NABCEP certified
Occupation
Consulting Electrical Engineer - Photovoltaic Systems
I had a full professor in engineering school who would do stuff like that. Also, on his exams, wrong answers subtracted from your score, so it was possible to get a negative grade on an exam (many students did), and with only three exams in the semester that would wreak havoc on your average. He was brought out of retirement to help weed students out of the program at the junior level. His was the only course I failed (I got a D), and when I retook it I made an A with virtually no study time, so I knew the material. That was 38 years ago and I am still angry about it. :D
I retook it from another instructor, BTW. Every time I saw that first guy in the hall I wanted to kick him in the butt.

JoeStillman

Answer question asks, "Suppose primary fluctuates between 105 and 125 V on a 5/1 step down transformer. The maximum secondary peak voltage would be about how many volts?" (88, 18, 74, 35)

I would think to just take 1/5th. So I think I'm missing something.
key word: "PEAK". For purely sinusoidal forms,

1674593142837.png

gar

Occupation
EE
230124-1734 EST

adamaero:

What was the question you were ask? Was it what you stated in post #1 or was it what you quoted in post #6? If the question was as asserted in post #6, then your first post should have been what was written in #6. And then any real electrical engineer should have been able to provide the correct answer.

The question in post #6 is very clear, and as an electrical engineer you should have no problem getting the correct answer.

Status
Not open for further replies.