How to insert grounding electrode ground rod in tuff rock

Status
Not open for further replies.

tersh

If say the soil (from bore test) is only in the top 1.5 meter portion, and below it 1.5 meters all the way down is tuff rock. How do you insert the 3 meter long electrode into the tuff rock? And how good does tuff rock conduct electricity compared to soil?

jxwm3x.jpg

Tuff rock is volcanic rock like this:

V5KWyd.jpg

charlie b

Staff member
Occupation
Retired Electrical Engineer
I am closing this thread in accordance with forum rules. This forum is intended for use by electricians and electrical contractors, inspectors, engineers, and vendors with their job-related duties. We are not allowed to provide how-to advice to persons who are not employed in this industry, or persons who do not perform electrical installation or maintenance as part of their jobs. Engineers are welcome to participate, but only if their questions do not involve attempts to perform their own electrical installation, troubleshooting, or maintenance work.

It appears to the moderators that this is a project that is not related to your job. Therefore, I have removed all responses, and am closing this thread. If you feel this action was taken in error, then send me a PM to explain.

I have copied the original thread to an area accessible only to the moderators. That means that all original responses are available, and could be restored to the open forum, if that proves to be justified.

Status
Not open for further replies.