How You Handle Emergency Calls

Status
Not open for further replies.

brian john

"Your lack of preparation does not constitute my emergency"

"Your lack of preparation constitutes my profits"

Ask me what a 4000 amp fuse is going to cost you at 2:30AM Sunday morning, plus travel, minimum hourly billing and if we have to test and install them.

mdshunk

Hey, Brian. What is a 4000 amp fuse is going to cost me at 2:30AM Sunday morning, plus travel, minimum hourly billing and if you have to test and install it? :smile:

480sparky

mdshunk said:
Hey, Brian. What is a 4000 amp fuse is going to cost me at 2:30AM Sunday morning, plus travel, minimum hourly billing and if you have to test and install it? :smile:

Be careful, Brian. Marc already has 16 other bids......:grin:

brian john

I always tell all my customers to always have an adequately stocked fuse cabinet, few supply houses have 2000-4000 amp fuses available regularly much less even on off hour basis.

There is stocking fee (some of these fuses I have had for years like 3-6000 amps fuses, markup and hassle cost involved.

mdshunk

brian john said:
I always tell all my customers to always have an adequately stocked fuse cabinet, few supply houses have 2000-4000 amp fuses available regularly much less even on off hour basis.
I remember having to drive to the airport in Baltimore to get some fuses off a plane for an emergency. Nobody had them in stock locally.

brian john

Tougher now (IMO), last time I need 5000 amp fuses, they were in Mexico in lieu of the old manufacturing facility in St. Louis took a week.

And those 6000's weight a TON so freight was a bit.

Sierrasparky

Occupation
Electrician ,contractor
Fuse talk ..
Whats the rating of a piece of flat stock or copper tubing as a fuse...
I bet no one here as ever done that one.. :cool:

emahler

Sierrasparky said:
Fuse talk ..
Whats the rating of a piece of flat stock or copper tubing as a fuse...
I bet no one here as ever done that one.. :cool:

i'm not at my computer, so i don't have the link....but they come in different amperages....we just had to put in a couple of 400a rated ones on a nuetral in an old service....

Status
Not open for further replies.