How's Buisness

Status
Not open for further replies.

satcom

Podagrower said:
I wonder if the wounded economy has made the smaller companies with lower overhead more competitive

The smaller the company, usually the higher the overhead, economy of scale the larger companies can at times, drive down their overhead.

brantmacga

Señor Member
Occupation
Former Child
satcom said:
The smaller the company, usually the higher the overhead, economy of scale the larger companies can at times, drive down their overhead.

I have found that to be very true.

SEO

Not all large companies start out large. Usually they are small and keep building. Large companies that start large usually are a spinoff of another company and usually have a large amount of capital and credit. Some electrical contractors get a nich that they specialize in and can do very well. Residential work in my area is slow, industrial and commerical seem to be steady.

ohm

I've worked for the biggest, ran the medium size and now I'm the smallest. But guess what? I can sleep nights and somehow the bills get paid and I don't have to come in on Saturday so the client can see some faces and my company can churn the account.

Status
Not open for further replies.